Thursday, April 28, 2011

Congratulations, Sergio!


Congratulations to Sergio Ruzzier for his selection as one of this year’s Sendak Fellows! From what I can gather this is the second year of Sendak Fellowships. Apparently they involve a month in Connecticut with the Man himself and three other lucky fellow fellows. If that’s not exactly what the fellowship is, I hope Sergio will correct me. Anyway, I think it’s close, and it sounds, obviously, fantastic. The honor and opportunity couldn’t go to a more deserving artist. I expect he’ll make great use of it. Let’s just hope he remembers his old friends here in Brooklyn. We will be expecting postcards, Sergio.


Above: Tweak Tweak, Sergio’s next book, with text by Eve Bunting, coming in May.

2 comments:

  1. I know as much as you do about the Fellowship! I just got a real letter in the mail, a letter made of paper, in which they kindly invited me to spend four weeks up there, thinking, drawing, and chatting with Maurice Sendak and his dog. I feel very lucky. Thanks Brian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That...is...so...cool!
    Congrats buddy.

    ReplyDelete